As Eswatini Mobile, we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and to comply with any legislation, regulations or license conditions that govern the protection and disclosure of personal information.
This policy applies to our website visitors as well as our customers who purchase or use our products or services. Its aim is to give assurance to our customers that information obtained or received from them shall remain confidential.
Since we know that privacy is important to our customers, we have this policy to explain the types of information that we collect, how we collect it and why. This policy will also explain the safeguards or measures put in place to protect our customers’ personal information or data.
The information we collect and how we do it
We may collect different types of information when you communicate with us or when you use our products, services and sites, for example, in order for us to provide you with the service(s) that you want, we may require that you provide us with certain personal information such as your name, email address, telephone number, date of birth etc. Some information is automatically collected from you without you giving it to us, examples of that would be your call records, the number of times you visit our website, information about your device location etc.
Some personal information may also be obtained from outside sources, for example we may contact your bank to verify your account details for purposes of processing an application. We may also contact your landlord to verify your address information to enable us to deliver products purchased.
The types of information that we collect from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact Information – This may include information that you provide for us when you communicate with us such as your name, date of birth, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Invoicing and Billing Information – Eswatini Mobile may provide its customers with invoices and bills that will contain detailed information about the services rendered to them. The invoice may include:
o Information about the services rendered to the end user.
o A breakdown of charges associated with the services.
o Such other relevant information associated with the customer’s account.
- Eswatini Mobile may also provide its customers with itemized bills which shall contain (but not limited to) the following information:
o Telephone numbers that you call and text.
o Telephone numbers that you receive calls and messages from.
o The dates and times for each voice or data call.
o The duration for each individual transaction.
o The charges for each individual transaction.
All the above information is automatically collected from our customers when they use our products or services.
- Banking Details – When you purchase our products or services, we may require information about your banking details such as your account number, bank statement, your proof of income, your debit or credit card information and any other banking information that may be necessary for purposes of payment.
- Website Information – When you visit our websites e.g. (www.eswatinimobile.com), certain personal information may be required from you for purposes of registration or completion of certain forms available on our websites. For example, you may be required to provide identification information (for example your name, physical address, telephone number, age, gender, email address etc.). There are also certain kinds of information that are collected automatically as part of the site’s operation such as access times, language used, the IP addresses etc.
- Surveys – We also collect and keep the information that you provide to us when you participate in our surveys.
- Data Information– This may include information about your amount of data usage (for example the amount of MBs used).
- Location Information– This is information about the whereabouts of your device which can be automatically collected by our network tools.
- Account Information– This includes information about your account such as information about the products and services that you use and anything else relating to your account.
How we use this information
The information that we collect from our customers is used among other things: –
o To help improve our services.
o To develop new products that will meet your requirements.
o To process applications made by our customers.
o To monitor our customers’ accounts.
o To respond to your queries and addressing questions.
o To manage and protect our network.
o To be able to trace calls.
o To assist emergency services.
o To solve disputes that may arise.
o To verify the authenticity of information provided by our customers.
o To assist law enforcement authorities in the course of their duties.
Measures put in place to ensure the safety and security of our customers’ personal data
We take all reasonable measures and precautions to keep our customers’ data private and safe.
Eswatini Mobile has technical and administrative safeguards put in place to protect customers’ information:
- Our employees are trained on the importance of confidentiality and protection of our customers’ privacy.
- Employment contracts signed by our employees contain confidentiality clauses to ensure that employees do not divulge any information to unauthorized persons or bodies during or even after their employment with us. Should an employee be found guilty of such misconduct, Eswatini Mobile shall have the right to terminate their employment summarily and further sue them for breach of confidentiality.
- Employees whose jobs require access to customer data are required to put in their username and passwords to access sensitive data.
- We use encryption and secure servers when storing our customers’ data.
When can Eswatini Mobile disclose your personal information?
Eswatini Mobile will not under any circumstances whatsoever disclose any information about its customers to a third party except under the following circumstances:
- When such information is required in compliance with a court order.
- Where we are legally obliged to do so in terms of the laws of Swaziland.
- Where a customer has expressly authorized in writing, the release of such information to a third party.
• We collect information on contact list to process payment transactions as directed by customer
• You Consented to access to information on Contact list
• Information will not be shared with any Third parties
• Law permits usage of information
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for a period of five (5) years after cancellation of your contract with us for any licensed service(s) or after we have ended the licensed service(s) provided to you.